At Renaissance Plastic Surgery we offer comprehensive management of workers’ compensation injuries. This includes:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Mallet Finger
- Trigger Finger
- Crush Wounds
- Skin Grafts
- Severe Burns (Chemical or Thermal)
- Ulnar Nerve Disorder
Our focus is providing excellent medical care to injured workers and exceptional customer service to our patients, employers, carriers and case managers.
Our team understands your need for immediate access, good communication in an effective and timely manner, and a provider who understands Missouri Workers’ Compensation practices.
- Immediate access to a physician for acute injuries.
- Workers are seen by a physician within 24 hours of the injury.
- Phone call updates from physicians.
- Prior authorization requested for all treatments.
- Work release forms faxed after every encounter to the adjuster, case manager, and employer.
- Physician notes faxed within 48 hours of patient visit.
- Employers, carriers, and case managers can schedule new patients quickly and to fit the schedule of all parties.
Communication is essential. We work closely with the injured worker, carrier, case managers, employers, and ancillary providers to assure compliance with care and to keep the team focused on treatment outcomes.
Causation is established on every new patient we see. The causation statement is added to the first office note for every new patient. Our physicians review job descriptions and reports of injury, both written descriptions sent by employers and carriers and oral descriptions provided by patients. Additionally, the patient’s medical history, medications, hobbies and length of employinent are all factored in when determining causation.
Return to Work
Restrictions are written, from a medical standpoint, to protect hands and upper extremities that need time to heal properly. Restrictions, if written, are reviewed at each follow-up visit. Employers, case managers and carriers are encouraged to call our office with questions regarding restrictions. Our primary focus is to return workers to their normal daily activities, including work, as safely and timely as possible.
On-Site Operating Suite
An on-site OR suite allows injured workers immediate access to the care they need without rhe long waits associated with the emergency room. We can give your injured worker better care, better service and allow you to manage your claim more cost effectively.
We Can Eliminate
- ER Fees
- Anesthesiologist Fees
- Multiple/Duplicate Physician Charges
- Injured workers see a hand specialist immediately (no referral to a specialist following ER care).
Independent Medical Evaluation
IME appointments can be scheduled without any delays. Our physicians allow for several IME appointment times each week to avoid delays. Your comprehensive report is faxed within a week.
- Complete and detailed history of the injury
- Summary of work history/job description
- Decisive and clear statement of causation
- Summary of care received to date
- Detailed recommendation for further care
- Statement of Maximum Medical Improvement (if appropriate)
- Permanent Partial Disability Rating (if requested)
Our physicians assure the highest standards of patient safety have been met with total control over the operating environment.
Continuity of care is maintained with the same care team seeing the patient in the office and OR settings.
Most hand surgeries are done under local anesthesia, eliminating the negative side effects, added costs and risk s of general anesthesia. Patients are comfortable, awake and engaged during the operative process. The need for added recovery days while the effects of anesthesia wear off is eliminated.
Three on-site hand surgeons offer the flexibility to schedule non-urgent surgeries to fit our patients work and personal schedules. Acute injuries can be taken “door to OR” without an extended delay.
- St. Peters Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Progress West HealthCare Center
- St. Joseph Health Center
After Hours Access
We recognize that your business hours may not be the same as ours. You have immediate access to our physicians whenever our office is closed. After hours call: (636) 896-0600 , to reach the doctor on call.