Many people deal with having excess skin on the upper arms. This is especially true for individuals who have recently lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately, it is common for people to feel self-conscious about their arms and their overall appearance due to having excess skin. If you find yourself in this position, it is essential to know that an arm lift surgery may be able to provide you with the relief that you need to overcome this issue.
What Is an Arm Lift?
An arm lift is a type of surgical procedure that helps to completely reshape the underside of the upper arm, between the elbow and the underarm area. This surgery involves the removal of the skin to achieve an improved contour. This surgery helps to get rid of “bat wings” and create a more youthful appearance.
Who Is a Good Candidate for an Arm Lift Surgery?
There are several factors taken into consideration when determining if someone is a good candidate for an arm lift. These can include:
- Genetic factors: The inability to flatten sagging skin can be genetically acquired. If you have spent excessive amounts of time exercising without seeing results, this may be what is affecting you.
- Age: Your age can contribute to your skin thinning and sagging down under your upper arm area.
- Excessive weight loss: If you have recently lost a lot of weight, there is a good chance that you have excess skin hanging under your arms.
In general, you must also be of a healthy weight, a non-smoker, and have no serious medical conditions that might interfere with your healing.
What Are the Benefits of an Arm Lift?
Getting an arm lift can provide you with several benefits. These include:
- Improving your comfort level after having lost excess weight.
- Preventing rashes and inflammation that are often associated with having excess folds of skin.
- Reducing sagging skin under your arms and tightening the area.
- Eliminate any hygiene problems.
Additionally, it can also improve your self-esteem and give you the confidence you need.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you are interested in exploring the benefits of an arm lift for yourself, reach out to the team at Renaissance Plastic Surgery by calling 636-896-0600 or filling out the online form to schedule an appointment. One of their board-certified surgeons will be able to help you decide if this procedure is right for you.