The American Society of Plastic Surgeons released their annual recap of plastic surgery statistics in the U.S. Including procedures for the face, body and breasts, this report demonstrates the continued popularity of cosmetic surgery across different age groups, genders, and individual needs.
Renaissance Plastic Surgery offers the most advanced techniques and technology in a wide range of plastic surgery procedures. Our experienced team of skilled and knowledgeable plastic surgeons are committed to providing world-class results customized to meet your unique goals.
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures
According to the most recent Plastic Surgery Statistics Report from the American Society of Plastic surgeons, the following procedures comprise the top 5 most popular plastic surgery procedures of 2019:
- Breast augmentation: This ever-popular procedure is performed to enhance the size, shape, and symmetry of the breasts. While breast augmentation tops the list with 299,715 procedures performed in 2019, that number is down 4% from 2018.
- Liposuction: Performed to remove stubborn pockets of diet-and-exercise-resistant fat from almost any part of the body and face, liposuction is the second most popular plastic surgery procedure in the country. With 265,209 procedures in 2019, liposuction is up 3% from the previous year.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty): The popularity of eyelid surgery is also on the rise from the previous year. With 211,005 eyelid surgeries performed in 2019, it is a 2% rise in popularity from 2018. Blepharoplasty is a versatile procedure designed to treat bags under the eyes, droopy eyelids, puffiness around the eyes, and more.
- Nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty): 207,284 people underwent rhinoplasty surgery in 2019. While this number represents a 3% decrease in nose surgeries performed the previous year, the procedure is still the fourth most popular plastic surgery procedure in the U.S.
- Facelift: Designed to tighten facial and neck muscles, and remove excess skin, facelifts are the fifth most popular plastic surgery procedures performed in the nation. Up 2% from the prior year, 123,685 facelifts were performed in 2019.
These statistics represent procedures performed by ASPS Member Surgeons certified by boards recognized by the American Board of medical Specialties (ABMS).
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are considering plastic surgery to address a specific concern or to correct the signs of aging, call Renaissance Plastic Surgery today at 636-896-0600 to arrange your consultation. We serve patients in the St. Louis, Missouri area.