April is Rosacea Awareness Month and statistics show that one in 20 people has rosacea and they don’t even know it. Rosacea is a skin disease that causes flushing of the skin, redness, and inflammation. If you have rosacea, you may be self-conscious about your appearance and wondering what the most effective treatment options are for your condition. The team at Renaissance Plastic Surgery offers several treatment options for patients with rosacea at R Medical Spa. Some are more aggressive than others and can be combined with medical grade skincare products for lasting results.
Do I Have Rosacea?
Rosacea is a progressive skin condition and the exact cause is still unknown. The extent of symptoms varies significantly from one person to another but most people with rosacea experience a combination of symptoms.
Some of the signs and symptoms of rosacea include:
- Persistent redness
- Flushing of the skin
- Bumps and pimples forming regularly
- Visible blood vessels
- Swelling of the nose or face that creates a bulbous appearance
The disease typically affects the facial area but some people see symptoms around the neck, scalp, legs, arms, and back.
Rosacea Treatment Options
A combination of lifestyle changes and medical spa treatments can resolve some rosacea symptoms. Some of the best treatment options include:
- BBL Photofacial – a noninvasive treatment that involves emitting pulses of light energy deep into the skin and improves the skin from inside out
- MicroPeel Plus – only suitable for some patients, this chemical peel contains salicylic acid which exfoliates the skin and enhances the complexion. The skin starts to peel within three days of treatment and will continue to peel as the skin renews itself. This peel is recommended to about 10% of our patients.
- Obagi Medical Grade Skincare Products – we have found that the Obagi Rosaclear system can be especially effective for reducing redness, blotchiness, and flushing of the skin among rosacea patients.
- Renaissance Skin Therapy – this is our private label product line and contains products such as a gentle cleanser for rosacea-prone skin and the Intense Recovery Complex which helps reduce the appearance of photo aging and restores the skin’s natural barrier.
- Colorescience Makeup – this mineral makeup line includes a Skin Calming Primer and Yellow Rose of Texas Corrector Powder which can be especially effective for patients with rosacea
Set up your consultation for rosacea treatment in St. Peters by contacting Renaissance Plastic Surgery today.