Are you thinking about reversing the signs of aging with a soft tissue filler but are not sure which one is right for your needs? You’re not alone. We get a lot of questions here at Renaissance Plastic Surgery about what fillers can do and the differences between them. That’s why we’d like to take a closer look at all of the options available in the comfort of our St. Louis area medspa, R medical spa.
Good Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are perfect for both women and men who would like to combat the signs of aging while avoiding surgery. Good candidates are interested in facial rejuvenation without going under the knife or having a long recovery period, as there’s typically little to no downtime after injections.
You can reverse mild to moderate wrinkles, lines, folds, creases, and hollows. Others choose to get started with treatments before these symptoms even have a chance to set in as a preventative measure to keep you looking youthful and fresh for as long as possible.
The Right Filler for You
During your initial consultation, your unique facial anatomy will be carefully evaluated, and your well-trained and highly skilled injector will recommend the best facial filler for you based on your needs and goals. Many of our patients also benefit from combining fillers to target their specific concerns. We are pleased to offer a wide variety of soft tissue fillers to suit all of your anti-aging needs:
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC – smooths out marionette lines and nasolabial folds.
- Juvéderm Voluma® – restores lost volume in the cheeks while subtly lifting.
- Belotero Balance® – integrates into your natural facial tissue for natural-looking results, treating moderate nasolabial folds and lip lines.
- Bellafill® – restores collagen and fills in problem nasolabial folds, and also works to soften acne scars for long-lasting results that can be seen for years.
- Radiesse® – is synthetically formulated with calcium hydroxylapatite to provide an immediate volumizing effect while stimulating your skin’s natural collagen production for long-lasting results.
- Restylane® – softens moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, and augments the lips.
- Restylane Lyft® – enhances and lifts the contours of the midface.
- Restylane® Silk – can give you fuller lips while reducing wrinkles and fine lines in just one treatment.
- Sculptra® – made from Poly-L-Lactic Acid, this injectable encourages your skin’s natural collagen production, restoring your facial structure and increasing volume over time.
Knowing the Risks
Fortunately, the risks and side effects from soft tissue injectables are minimal and rare. The most common issues that our patients report are temporary reactions at the treatment site such as redness, swelling, tenderness, pain, firmness, lumps or bumps, bruising, itching, and/or discoloration. Although rare, unintentional injection into a blood vessel, vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, and permanent scarring may also occur with injectable treatments. As with any skin injection procedure, there is a risk of infection as well. If you have any concerns whatsoever regarding the potential risks and dangers of these treatments, make sure to discuss them with your R Medical Spa practitioner during your personal consultation.
Other Facial Rejuvenation Options
If soft tissue fillers aren’t exactly what you have in mind, there are plenty of other options at your disposal. A facelift or mini facelift can give you the long-term results you’re looking for. Keep in mind, dermal fillers can also extend the life of your facial surgery, keeping you looking youthful and refreshed for many years to come. Or perhaps it’s the upper facial area that you’d like to focus on. That’s where a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or a few injections with Botox® can help.
Looking Your Best with Soft Tissue Fillers in St. Louis
If you would still like to learn more about any of the injectable dermal fillers we offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 636.896.0600 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation at Renaissance Plastic Surgery today. We are happy to answer any question or concerns you may have regarding these or any of the cosmetic enhancement options available.